[Sidefx-houdini-list] SHOPS generic shaders

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Fri Jun 6 12:04:59 EDT 2008

On Friday Jun 06 at 11:57, Robert D.M. Smith wrote:
> H9.1.244
>
> Seems like a basic question but how do you use the 'Generic Shaders' in
> SHOPs? The help doesn't seem to match the UI. For example, if I lay down a
> Generic Surface, that's about all I can do with it. I'm sure I'm missing
> something here. Thanks in advance.

The string in the shader parameter of the generic SHOP is passed
verbatim (well, with variable expansion) to the renderer.

For example, in a generic surface, you can set the mantra parameter
to:

    plastic diff ( 1 0 0 )

to get a red plastic surface.

It's much easier to simply use the -l option when compiling .vfl files
though.

--
Please visit http://www.healemru.com/