[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using something different than AutoDopNetwork

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Fri Jun 6 09:24:39 EDT 2008

If you're not risk-averse, you can try monkey patching [1].

import doptoolutils.py

doptoolutils.getCurrentDopNetwork = myGetCurrentDopNetwork

where myGetCurrentDopNetwork returns the path to your own dopnet.

Looking at doptoolutils.getCurrentDopNetwork() though I don' see it only
  returning /obj/AutoDopNetwork. It seems like it returns the "current
simulation" as set according to the simulation menu on the status bar to me.

Cheers,
-Edward

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_patch