[Sidefx-houdini-list] disappearing HDA parameters

Ben Schrijvers ben.schrijvers at guerrilla-games.com
Fri Jun 6 05:03:57 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Ah right yes dependancies... that's indeed where the trouble begin's.
I sort of forgot about that.

What about storing the HDA's that the HDA in question depends on.. in
the same OTL.
Yes you get some conflicts when the same HDA is loaded from another OTL,
in particular when it's a different version.
But it's probably simple for SESI to then have the HDA prefer to use the
HDA that's comming from the same OTL.

It's not the best solution as you get multiple simular HDA which are
unsynchronized (they are a copy) in different OTL's.
So I'm in camp 2 myself.
Untill now I've only put multiple HDA's inside a single OTL when the
'main' HDA was depending on them but they where not very useful outside
the HDA.
But 97% of that is now not necessary anymore since the appearance of the
VopSop.

cheers,
benS