[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using something different than AutoDopNetwork

Pablo Giménez Pizarro pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 22:53:03 EDT 2008

Hi everybody
I am wrting some tools in python that have to deal with dynamics.
The thing is that I want to use a different dopnet rather than
AutoDopNetwork.
I want to create my own one and then if I use the doptoolutils methods
force them to use this one instead of the default.
I have been diggin into the docs and thepython scripts shipped with
houdini and it seems that the dop utils get the current dopnet using
the getCurrentDopNetwork() method in doptoolutils.py.
This method always return /obj/AutoDopNetowork as  the current dopnet,
is doesn't matter if you are into a subnet for example it always
return the same path.
So if I am for example working into a subnet with some objects and I
want to create all the dynamics into this subnet using the
doptoolutils method, is it possible?
Thanks

---------
Un saludo