[Sidefx-houdini-list] disappearing HDA parameters

rachael rachael at methodstudios.com
Thu Jun 5 15:38:34 EDT 2008

doesnt it make back ups of all your HDAs? I mean really, we're a small
studio, we just have good communication with each other so we know who's
working on what and who shouldnt be messing around inside the HDA.
Houdini makes auto backups for us, which is great for when we break it.
Seems pretty straight forward. Even in a larger company, there shouldnt
be 20 people working on one HDA so maybe I'm missing the point of this
long thread. And personally, I wouldnt want SESI trying to manage my
system. They make 3D software not pipeline software, it's a totally
different knowledge base. That's just my two cents. Personally, i love
the way HDAs are set up right now and I'm really looking forward to the
improvements I've heard about in 9.5. Should be even more fun!!