[Sidefx-houdini-list] strreplace in VEX?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 06:11:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

So, in an illuminance loop, I can getlightname() to identify the light
being referenced in the current loop iteration. Super! However, it
returns the full path to the light, something like: "/obj/light1" etc.
This of course is correct to uniquely identify the light.

Sadly, it also prevents easy use of the light's name in a filename,
perhaps pcwrite() for example :)

My question is: am I missing something like strreplace() in VEX (the
docs in 9.1.232 don't show any such construct after much searching) or
perhaps some hidden functionality in sprintf()?

Anyone have any other ideas how I can turn /obj/light1 into something
like _obj_light1, using VEX? :)

Cheers,

Peter B