[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mantra Vray Procedural Transformation Problem

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 05:11:03 EDT 2008

HI......

I am writing a Mantra Vray Procedural. What I want to do is , read a
bgeo file, say A,which has some 100 points, and read another bgeo file
B, which is to be copied
on the 100 points in geo A.

I am reading file A in pointGdp, and file B in archiveGdp.

and the calls to the mantra functions are like this,

    FOR_ALL_GPOINTS(&pointGdp,pointPtr)

    {

	pointPos	=	pointPtr->getPos();

    	xform.identity();

    	xform.translate(pointPos.x(),pointPos.y(),pointPos.z());

    	openGeometryObject();

	setTransform(xform,0);

        addGeometry(archiveGdp, 0);

	setSurface("showst type st");

    	closeObject();

     }

The problem I am facing is, the object translation is happening in

screen space and not world space. Is there any other special function,

other than "setTransform" to do that???

Even I tried using   xform.translate(i,0,0); and incremented "i" each time,

just to check, and it is getting translated in screen space.

Plz Help

---iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)

      Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/invite/