[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT: Anamorphic

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Wed Jul 30 11:10:39 EDT 2008

Offset by sound strip, a.k.a. the "Academy" region.  Full App scans
are usually 2048, wheras Academy scans should be 1828 wide.  Thus, if
you got a scan that's 2048x1556, take the right 1828 of it.  If you
do the math, either 1828*2:1556 or 1828:778 should be 2.35:1 aspect
ratio.  When filming anamorphic, the optical center really needs to
be in the center of academy, or it gets pretty ugly.

-- Antoine