[Sidefx-houdini-list] OT: Anamorphic

Jeffery Beeland dbeeland at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 00:00:41 EDT 2008

Hey gang,

I'm hoping some of you a little more versed in the film side of things
can help me out.  We have a small anamorphic show in house, and when the
plates were scanned the sound strip was not chopped off (nice black
stripe down the side of frame).  My question is where the optical center
of frame is; is it going to be center of scan, or center offset by the
sound strip?  It makes a big difference as soon as you begin trying to
flatten the plates, and I'm getting conflicting information.

Thanks!
--Jeff