[Sidefx-houdini-list] stability of mantra on multi core machines?

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Tue Jul 29 18:47:10 EDT 2008

A question for all of you rendering on multi-cores: are you in effect
starting to treat your renderfarm as individual hosts rather than as
multiple hosts?  I.e. I'm unclear as to the benefit of rendering 1
frame on n cores vs. running n frames on n cores.  Is it that the
memory footprint is getting so big that you're consolidating cores to
bulk up on ram for the given job?  Just curious.  Thanks!

-- Antoine