[Sidefx-houdini-list] stability of mantra on multi core machines?

Frederic Servant frederic.servant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:27:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

We recently used mantra for rendering fur and we ended up writting a script
to:
 - retry after a crash
 - verify the integrity of each frame and retry
 - kill the render process after a timeout and retry
The render times were good except for those missed frames. We are running
9.1.244 on eight cores.

I hope this is improved in 9.5, I will try.

Frederic Servant
la maison
www.alamaison.fr