[Sidefx-houdini-list] stability of mantra on multi core machines?

Sean Lewkiw Sean.Lewkiw at CIS-London.com
Tue Jul 29 13:10:49 EDT 2008

That's really weird.  We use mantra heavily here and don't have any
freezing/crashing problems.  One thing I did find was that if you don't
set your "-j" flag to something reasonable, (if you have more than one
render or other activity on the machine), Houdini will go ahead and grab
all the threads, and your renders will grind to a halt, (and I imagine,
crash eventually).  We don't have any 8-core machines though.

Sean

Sean Lewkiw
--
CIS London