[Sidefx-houdini-list] stability of mantra on multi core machines?

Simon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 03:48:52 EDT 2008

The question is why 8 cores rendering eats much more memory then 1 core.
Don't cores share memory? I understand 20% differences, but Mantra likes to
take as big as  twice ram in mulithreding mode. It also doesn't explain the
situation in which mantra doesn't fail but freezes on a few buckets in
multi-core rendering.