[Sidefx-houdini-list] stability of mantra on multi core machines?

Michael O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Mon Jul 28 09:27:38 EDT 2008

Hola~

I'm trying to render a scene that around a million particles as transparent
sprites. I've turned off ray tracing, no gather, no other geometry. The
shaders are a layer and a mantra sprite procedural. The scene was more for
testing than anything else.

I've had no problems on a machine with two cores. However, on an eight core
machine, my record is rendering 122 frame in a row without a crash or
deadlock. Usually I get less than 10 frames before the process freezes.

MO

--
Michael K O'Brien                               Production Engineering
Pixar                                                mobrien at pixar.com

REMY: What is that?
EMILE: I don't really know.
REMY: You don't know... and you're eating it.