[Sidefx-houdini-list] stability of mantra on multi core machines?

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Mon Jul 28 07:45:25 EDT 2008

we've been using mantra in multi-threaded mode extensively recently and have
found it to be pretty rock solid!  this is both in pbr mode as well as mp.
also using the gather construct a lot - all seems fine and dandy.  can you
be more specific with what your doing?  ie, passing information using
gather?  importing vars from other contexts (displacement, light), volumes,
sub-d's, dof etc. etc....?