[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth solver from rdb

brian goodwin brian.r.goodwin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:57:18 EDT 2008

have u seen the example file that uses the multi solver, that switches
between cloth and rbd,
basically takes a cloth object, flows around a bit, and then it becomes
rigid.

the cloth solver can also harden, and become like plastic if u want that,
and avoid the rbd solver?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Adrian Lee <dryrainstudios at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm having problems with dynamics.
>
> I have a ball surface that is split into segments. the surface then
> explodes
> pushing the peices out. I then want the segments to fall to the ground like
> paper or cloth. I've got the explotion to work in the rdb solver but im
> trying to then switch it to cloth solver as the reverse of the simple
> switch
> example in docs.
>
> Even if when i bring the sphere into the cloth solver by its self it dosent
> react to the sim. not even gravity.
>
> I have carve up a nerbs sphere into 4 surface then converted them to
> polytriangles.  then imported them  into 4 different geoObj then used the
> cloth object shelf tool to create a dops network with all 4 in.
>
> When I run the sim I get no reaction. no bunching or movement due to
> gravity. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed

brian