[Sidefx-houdini-list] cloth solver from rdb

Adrian Lee dryrainstudios at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:52:28 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with dynamics.

I have a ball surface that is split into segments. the surface then explodes
pushing the peices out. I then want the segments to fall to the ground like
paper or cloth. I've got the explotion to work in the rdb solver but im
trying to then switch it to cloth solver as the reverse of the simple switch
example in docs.

Even if when i bring the sphere into the cloth solver by its self it dosent
react to the sim. not even gravity.

I have carve up a nerbs sphere into 4 surface then converted them to
polytriangles.  then imported them  into 4 different geoObj then used the
cloth object shelf tool to create a dops network with all 4 in.

When I run the sim I get no reaction. no bunching or movement due to
gravity. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ed