[Sidefx-houdini-list] How to scatter points based on a probability map

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 07:14:48 EDT 2008

Hi......

I want to scatter some points on a plane, depending on a density map or
probability map. The map will be black and white, white is probability
1 and black probability 0. Now I want to know the method or algorithm
to do this. I know that, we can use attribute in scatter sop, but the detail depends on the number of points in the source geometry. I want to do it using map.
Another method to do that is using fur sop, and keeping only the root points. But I want to use the method in my own HDK, so if you can provide the algorithm, I can code it.

----Jaideep

      Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/