[Sidefx-houdini-list] Delayed Read Archive Question

Michael K O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Fri Jul 18 19:06:10 EDT 2008

Hola~

That's close to the way I call it. The first arg is the string pointing to
your archive. I also pass in the deallocation argument (the last arg).

            RtString* aFileNameBuf =
                static_cast<RtString*>(malloc(sizeof(RtString*)));
            aFileNameBuf[0] = strdup(aFileName.c_str());

            RiProcedural(
                aFileNameBuf,
                aBound,
                RiProcDelayedReadArchive,
                _deallocationMethod());

Are you seeing the calls in the rib file? Are you sure the bound is within
the camera frustum?

The other thing you can do is swap out an RiReadArchive call, which is
simpler, to help debug:

            RiReadArchive(const_cast<char*>(aFileName.c_str()), 0, RI_NULL);

MO

--
Michael K O'Brien
mobrien at pixar.com
Pixar

JEN: Just because it's Taco Bell doesn't mean it's not dinner!