[Sidefx-houdini-list] camera projection mapping

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 17:07:32 EDT 2008

Hi Jed,

You need to work with uv layering.

Look at:

group - prim grp by normal - backface from camera - if you only want
to effects uv's on front faces.
uv texture sop - choose project from camera. (the camera you will
render the still for painting from)
layer sop - has all kinds of controls for blending uv layers using masks etc.
attribute - to rename (store) incoming uv attrs and reinstate them on
output. Why? The uv texture sop will always work with uv layer 0. ie
"uv". You will often want to add a new layer (or blend with another
incoming uv layer). ie uv1 uv2 uv3 uv4 attrs. If you have all this in
a HDA, then the attr sop will let you rename uv to:
uv`ch("../uv_layer_id")` etc tc.
In your shader, use the matching uv layer for each texture. Blend
colors etc as needed.

Good luck!

Cheers