[Sidefx-houdini-list] meshing pattern

herman02 herman02 at netvigator.com
Mon Jul 14 11:35:17 EDT 2008

hi all, i'm exploring the houdini capacity in meshing pattern for polygon, seems to me there are limitations-

1. when i use the "divide" sop for a polygon box,  divide>smooth polygon>weight.... since i want to have a variation for the "weight" apply to different surface of the box, i tried to type in expression like $PT+... , however, houdini do not allow me to do so. I then tried to use attribcreate for the "weight",still do not work.

2. since all the lines are straight in a polygon meshing, is there any way to select individual lines to make it as a curve?  i tried to isolate the edge and make it polyspline, however i cannot merge it back to the original surface to be part of the primitive divisions. Please see here- http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2667414067_9ecd4d2426_o.jpg

3. when i use "divide">convex polygons or "tristrip" sop, is there any way to control the trianglation directions at selected primitives?

thanks!

herman