[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini 9.5 licensing , mixed machines

Simon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 09:02:34 EDT 2008

Hi there,
We have some problems with licensing Houdini 9.5. Our license server runs on
Windows Server 2003, and serves licenses for both Houdini 9.1 and 9.5 for
Windows machines. The problem is that Houdini on Ubuntu refuses to accept
the license, which was accepted on Windows version on the same machine. Hkey
(on Ubuntu) shows them correctly, states execly the same what its Windows'
version, diagnose tool doesn't show anything suspicious, but Houdini on
startup claims lack of proper license.

The machine on both systems have the same name and IP - and most probably
whole network setup is equal (at least it seams to be)

I will contact support for this but I thought to ask here first since it
could be something terrible silly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Simon.