[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rman DSO Problem

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 03:24:19 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to write a Rman Procedural for Houdini.
Right now , what I want to do is , take a bgeo file as a argument and scatter points on its surface at render time.
On my first step, I was successful putting points on the input geometry points.
Now, I am looping thru all primitives and finding there centres to put points.
But there are some methods which when I use in my code, aborts Rman and gives this error . imdisplay-bin: Invalid tile header
my code is somewhat like this
i = 0;
FOR_ALL_PRIMITIVES(skinGdp,skinPrimPtr)
{
            UT_Vector4 hairBasePos;
            skinPrimPtr->evaluateInteriorPoint(hairBasePos,0.5,0.5);

            cvs[i][0] = i*0.2;
            cvs[i][1] = i*0.2;
            cvs[i][2] = i*0.2;
            widths[i] = (RtFloat)0.1;
            i=i+1;
}
        RiPoints(numPoints,"P",cvs,"width",widths);

the cvs array is set with arbitrary values, just to check if it is working.
Even the hairBasePos gives correct values. I printed it and checked.
But This code stops with error imdisplay-bin: Invalid tile header
if I skip the statement, skinPrimPtr->evaluateInteriorPoint(hairBasePos,0.5,0.5);
code works fine, and renders arbitrary points.

I thought my skinPrimPtr is not correct and I included
cout << "Prim Num : " << skinPrimPtr->getNum() << "\n";
but it shows correct output and renders without any error.

Plz Help...

-----iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)

      Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/