[Sidefx-houdini-list] computing world space velocity

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 02:01:06 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

My very brief look at the Object Position DOP makes me think it should
also be at least calculating Angular Velocity.

If you dive inside you'll see that the Object Position DOP is really
just a Motion DOP wrapped up for ease of use. I'm not able to
investigate right now but it certainly seems like Rotation is factored
in. If not, perhaps a bug? Since it's just an HDA, you can fix it
yourself or build your own which to me is the cool thing about the
design philosophy behind DOPs.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Peter B