[Sidefx-houdini-list] computing world space velocity

Michael K O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Tue Jul 8 13:06:17 EDT 2008

Hola~

I'm sure I'm missing something fairly easy here.

We have geometry that is imported by nodes that animate at the OBJ level. I
need to compute the velocity for use in a DOP. The trail SOP computes
velocity based on the object space positions. How does one compute the
world-space velocity?

Right now, I'm creating another SOP network that imports the original
object, uses a trail on that node, and then uses a copy attribute to apply
it back to the original. This seems overly clunky.

Thanks in advance.

MO

--
Michael K O'Brien
mobrien at pixar.com
Pixar

JEN: Just because it's Taco Bell doesn't mean it's not dinner!