[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:06:09 EST 2008

I am agree that having a site with a list of RFEs, categorized by type,
popularity etc .. will be a great tool for SESI to take an idea of waht the
users want.
But in my opniion it should be complitely appart from the SESI site, is more
like ok the community try to help SESI to match the most needed RFEs than a
whishlist for the user that SESI offers.
Whishlist from the manufacturer are always an error because you always are
in the risk to not make happy to all your users.
The VIM feature request web looks interesting, I only miss a link in every
feature to a discussion thread where people cna put tehir opinions about the
RFE.

2008/1/31, Robert Magee <rmagee at sidefx.com>:

> Judging by the Houdini 10 suggestions posted on odforce over the last
> couple of weeks, I don't think that we would have the same kind of list.
> And if the top suggestion would "drive the application away from what
> drove them to it in the first place" then it would not become a priority
> for Side Effects.
>
> John Coldrick wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 January 2008 15:08, Robert Magee wrote:
> >
> >> John
> >>
> >> I really like this one because you find out how many points, how many
> >> points against and how many voters.
> >>

> >       I like it too, except that the *results* were what I was referring
> to.  If
> > you're familiar with the application you'd note that what it appears
> > that 'most users want' are things that will drive the application away
> from
> > what drove them to it in the first place.  In other words, mass response
> > tends to push everything into a safe, hazy middle ground of conformity,
> as
> > per Ivan's post - even with the clever collating of the data and the
> best
> > intentions.  Most user's don't really know what they want until you
> present
> > it to them, but until then they'll pick stuff they know(i.e. already
> familiar
> > with from elsewhere).  That's not the best model IMHO.
> >
> >       J.C.
> >

> --
> Robert Magee
> Product Marketing Manager