[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Jan 31 15:24:36 EST 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 15:08, Robert Magee wrote:
> John
>
> I really like this one because you find out how many points, how many
> points against and how many voters.

	I like it too, except that the *results* were what I was referring to.  If
you're familiar with the application you'd note that what it appears
that 'most users want' are things that will drive the application away from
what drove them to it in the first place.  In other words, mass response
tends to push everything into a safe, hazy middle ground of conformity, as
per Ivan's post - even with the clever collating of the data and the best
intentions.  Most user's don't really know what they want until you present
it to them, but until then they'll pick stuff they know(i.e. already familiar
with from elsewhere).  That's not the best model IMHO.

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada