[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

Dries Desmet dries at urga.be
Thu Jan 31 14:36:05 EST 2008

Jordi Bares wrote:
> my feeling is that SideFX product
> experts visiting facilities and even helping out in real production would
> bring far more insight in what is needed.

Of course big facilities (like yours Jordi :-)) are going to keep the
bigger influence on a software package, but as someone mentioned
earlier, there is quite a few smaller shops (or freelancers) who never
get to see the sidefx folks. That doesn't mean their opinions shouldn't
be heared in the day and age of internet. And as we discovered with
Houdini recently, it is sometimes very good to step back and look at
what you are actually trying to do with your 3D package. Sometimes, the
unbiased opinion of a Houdini 'noob' can actually be very valuable imho.
Less techy software but still ultimately flexible, that always seems to
be the holy grail. I believe Houdini is truely getting very close if
they continue like this.

DRie.s