[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Thu Jan 31 14:18:03 EST 2008

i think this is a fantastic idea.  one of my pet annoyances with houdini is
that there's a whole bunch of easy-to-implement RFE's which are 5+ years
old.  i grew tired of re-requesting these rfe's before v9.  ok, then i got
all upset again with the ui direction - thats for another thread.

sure, implementation is hard and i for one hate design by committee (and i
work on tv commercials ha - the irony!).  i have always thought a kind of
weighted system would be interesting.  ie, users peer-rate each other - and
those with more 'kudos' receive more rfe $$$'s.  i know, i know - thats a
whole load of work.  polls/voting systems are tricky (and interesting) for
sure.  (side note, recently read about bees having a very "fair" voting
system to determine the best new site for a new nest - based on range
voting).    another aside: rfe's diminish over time - and maybe you keep
having to feed credits into them?  call that the leaky container rfe
system.  i digress.

however, i would *love* to see even a simple system - as i'm afraid to say
i've lost faith in the priorities that have been assigned recently.  it
would be interesting to tally new 'features' with that of user rfe's.

are there any cool opensource voting systems out there...?