[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Thu Jan 31 13:41:13 EST 2008

> What if we are wrong? For example another software manufacturer changed the
> curve tools based on user feedback only to realize they broke a very
> important rigging tool!

I'm very confident SESI will never accept user requests blindly like
this. Let's see it the other way. A user ask something and SideFx thinks
about it carefully but forget a potential impact elsewhere. In the list,
if hundreds of people read at that RFE there's likely to be someone to
raise a flag. It's already something that exists because the developer
are part of the discussions on the forum and that is so cool.

Again, the more I think about it the more it should not be a standard
forum. In some subjects it would become an infinite arguing list. Bottom
line SideFx needs each user's point of view in one message so they can
decide based on that. It's more compact to analyse and easier to make
your own idea about the subject when you're an external user. Like
Amazon customers review.

Ok, I said enough. Have a good day ;)

François