[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

Antoine Durr antoine at floqfx.com
Thu Jan 31 13:23:59 EST 2008

I know I've suggested an RFE forum here at sidefx.com several times.
I think that one of the main uses would be to coalesce ideas and
flesh out things that are important to users.  For example, user A
says "I would love to have X", and then user B says "hmm, never
thought of it, but if it did X+Y, I could really use it on this
production."

And many of the RFEs are probably going to be simple requests, e.g.
"gee, I wish there was a button to do ABC, as I'm doing those three
steps repeatedly many times per day."

Another potentially useful outcome of an RFE forum might be to
highlight what small (but oh so critical to smooth workflow) pieces
of a new technology are missing.

I don't see an RFE forum as coming up with any groundbreaking ideas.
It's a long step between "we need fluid simulation" and DOPs, for
example.

So to sum up, it's just another tool for SESI to collect
information.  But more importantly, it provides a place where users
with ideas can share them, and where they might get some
encouragement from other users.

-- Antoine