[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

Jordi Bares jordibares at the-mill.com
Thu Jan 31 12:53:32 EST 2008

What if we are wrong? For example another software manufacturer changed the
curve tools based on user feedback only to realize they broke a very
important rigging tool!

Of course the opposite happened too but my feeling is that SideFX product
experts visiting facilities and even helping out in real production would
bring far more insight in what is needed.

This is the case also of another manufacturer where the modeling product
expert did such a superb job (visionary style) that of course the product
started to move in these post houses just because of that.

So my take is that there is a lot of noise to filter, nevertheless I must
say the Houdini community is very different to other ones, clearly the
nature of the tool does force users to get under the hood.

My 2 cents
jb