[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Jan 31 10:00:32 EST 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 09:43, Simon Barrick wrote:
> The problem with Sesi's internal version is there is no wider disscussion.

	I don't know if I agree with this.  When it comes to issues like this, I tend
to have an attitude of "it's your company, guys, I'm just a customer.  Here's
my feedback".  As you well know, I have no problem whatsoever voicing
concerns about things I perceive to be problematic ;), and I daresay we all
here tend to agree with 90-95% of all the concerns the other experienced
users such as yourself tend to post in the forums.  To me the chorus of
voices over issues is clear to SESI - but in the end it's their choice to
make strategic decisions about *this* issue being more important than *that*.

	My point is, there's an inference that SESI is picking priorities based on
ignorance, and I disagree.  Getting a bunch of "me too's" on a new site -
sorry I just don't think that's important.  Well, to clarify, it's no more
important IMHO than what we already have i.e. the mailing list, the forums
and support.  That's not to suggest that SESI shouldn't consider alternate
ways to garner feedback, I just don't see the value of this.  It would take
significant resources to maintain and I'm having difficulty in seeing the
advantage.  How would you weight the value of this list, in comparison to all
the other demands that SESI gets from educators, large FX shops, etc.?

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada