[Sidefx-houdini-list] Clear market feedback with RFE

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Jan 31 09:36:24 EST 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 09:25, François Duchesneau wrote:
> Would it be good to have a RFE kind of blog where all RFE are listed and
> any user can...
>
> 1- Vote +1, 0, -1 one time per user per RFE.
> 2- Explain why he votes (to help other users make a clear decision)
> 3- Subscribe to a mailing list to be warned of every new RFE
> 4- Make a search on existing RFE to avoid posting duplicates
>
> That way SideFx could know exactly what the market wants.

	The only problem is that it won't determine what the market wants, it will
determine what users that have the time and wherewithal to post(regularly) to
this hypothetical site want.  SESI effectively has a huge version of what
you're talking about that they store internally(and likely far more
sophisticated), I'm unsure having someone trying to maintain a concurrent
version publicly will help things much in any way, apart from their own
satisfaction.

	In other words, SESI is already tracking this information, and quite well.
The determination of what gets implemented over something else isn't
happening out of ignorance(they hear from their customers every single day),
there are other issues.  However, adding your voice to what you think should
be a priority is always a good thing(like you're doing), doing that is to be
encouraged.  You're feeding the beast just by posting.  I just don't see the
point of polls.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada