[Sidefx-houdini-list] 2k film res

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Jan 30 12:31:27 EST 2008

Hello all.

A quick question for any of you guys and gals that have some
experience producing work at film res.

We're just starting to work out technical specs on a motion graphics
job that needs to be delivered
in 1080 HD and also 2k film res. Client is unclear about the exact 2k
specs at the moment, but has tossed
out 2048 x 1108 for a 1.85 aspect ration as a possibility.

I see 3 default options in houdini
Acad 2k ( 2048 x 1556)

Scope 2k (1828 x1556)

Vista 2k (3072 2048)

Just wondering if any of these are considered more common or more
"standard"  above the other options.
The end product would be an ID to play before various films and shows
etc, so I'm simply try to get a bit educated
on the most commonly used 2k formats.

There has also been talk about delivering at 4k. But through a bit of
research so far it's looking like
4k would be overkill for this type of projects?? Is that an accurate
assumption ...... or would it make a big
difference??

Thanks for any thoughts, As always, any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Larry

--
Larry Giunta