[Sidefx-houdini-list] Backslash treated as an escape character

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Wed Jan 30 10:54:05 EST 2008

Simon Barrick wrote:
> If its in an asset can't you just add a little pre-render script to
> create the directory if it doesn't exist already..

I have!  But that's just it, I don't want to!  Houdini can write stuff
out from 50 different locations.  I don't want to wrap everything up in
an HDA with a script that creates the destination dirs.  I don't want to
minimise Houdini and go to the shell and create the dir.  I don't want
to open a file chooser and create the dir.  If I enter
$HOUD_DIR/shadow/foo/foo.$F.rat in a shadow light map parm, I want it to
be created, otherwise I wouldn't have put it in there.

I'm getting all hot and bothered here, I am going to go splash some
water on my face and never speak of this again.  :-D

Sean

--
Sean Lewkiw