[Sidefx-houdini-list] Backslash treated as an escape character

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Jan 30 10:32:52 EST 2008

I agree with both opinions here.

Personally I prefer to create my own script that will either send me an
email when it creates the dir or deal with different permission etc, in
shorts, a script that is integrated with my pipeline.

However for a studio that doesn't have particular restricted pipeline
rules or for individual, the option could be interesting and would hurt
the actual working. But please SESI never set this option On by default.

In my opinion the big question here is: "Do we want other features first
instead". I think there are a lot of stuff that have to be done before.
But this is my opinion and it doesn't necessarily reflect the majority.
Would it be a good idea to have a list of RFE on which we could vote to
tell SideFx what are the majority priorities? Maybe it already exists?

François