[Sidefx-houdini-list] [HOM] Particle type definition

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Wed Jan 30 09:28:24 EST 2008

You know,   I distinctly remember reading this thread thinking, "wow, that's a great idea..." but...

What is the significance of a convert sop being able to convert a point cloud to particle system?

Your intention is probably to use the point cloud as a starting point for a particle sim on frame n, which is all good, but what would happend to your sim when the convert sop convert your point cloud to a particle sim at frame n+1, and so on and so forth, for every subsequent frame?

The problem as I see it is that the convert sop will continue to muck with your source on frames other then the one you are after.

Am I totally misreading the situation?