[Sidefx-houdini-list] Backslash treated as an escape character

Sean Lewkiw seanl at rainmaker.com
Wed Jan 30 08:41:02 EST 2008

> 	Ugh!  Who asked for that?  Apart from the fact that this is on a different
> usability level(I'm unsure how Houdini could possibly come between a user
> running a Python program and the OS), would you really want your files
> accidentally stuffed in
>
> $HOME/.myhiddendir/the_slashdot_link_I_meant_to_send_to_my_brother

I was assuming that Francois wants to automate the process of creating
destination render dirs.  Why would it put them in $HOME/.my etc?  If
you're trying to render to "/path/to/dir/foo.$F.pic", but
"/path/to/file" didn't exist, Houdini would create it.  I've got a
complex script that goes through all possible file outputs for all
possible ROPs that can save out files and makes dirs if they don't
exist.  I'd rather not have to have this script and maintain it, and the
last three places I've worked at also had similar scripts.

Also, if this was available, I'm sure it could just be an toggle in the
render driver you could turn off if you didn't like it.

Sean

--
Sean Lewkiw