[Sidefx-houdini-list] [HOM] Particle type definition

Olex P hoknamahn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:48:12 EST 2008

When I've tried to change the number of inputs to zero Houdini just crashed.
And did it again and again. That's why I've asked. H9.1.117 Linux 32 bit.
But it works fine for pretty old Windows build.
You can merge too loops easily because createPoint() returns a reference to
new point. So your code might be like this:

geo = hou.pwd().geometry()
for point in range(100):
    pt = hou.Geometry.createPoint(geo)
    pt.setPosition(hou.Vector3(random.random(), random.random(),
random.random()))

Now the only one question you have is how to "register" those points as a
particle system?

Cheers,
Alex.