[Sidefx-houdini-list] Smart Transparencies

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 28 12:58:30 EST 2008

I'm sure there must be a way to probe the space directly in a shader to
get what you want, but I'm not
up on shader writing.
On the geometry side though, perhaps you can parent a null to the camera
and in the null object use a ray
sop to probe the space and either cull the particles based on hit
distance or perhaps turn on Import Attributes of Hits and use
some value in there.

PeterR