[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDA question(s)

Robert Magee rmagee at sidefx.com
Thu Jan 24 10:15:27 EST 2008

Pablo,

In Houdini 9 any parameters that are in the operation controls of a sop
will show up at the object level under the following conditions:

- The sop is the display sop
- You are in the Handle tool

This is designed to offer object level access to key parameters from the
sop level when a node is first put down without having to "dive down."
Later on as other nodes are added you would need to dive down but for
that initial creation you would have access to sop level parameters at
the object level.

And example would be the font sop. When you use the Font tool,  you get
an object with a font sop inside it. When the handle tool is active, you
can actually change some parameters such as the text string or font
choice from the operation controls.

Therefore if Phil has a spiral sop, the parameters that have been made
available to the operation controls at the sop level can be accessed at
the object level as long as the spiral sop is displayed (and the Handle
tool is active).

Robert

PS - see my earlier post about making parameters available to the
operation controls.