[Sidefx-houdini-list] 3rd party ifd generation

Dries Desmet dries at urga.be
Thu Jan 24 04:37:27 EST 2008

Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Considering that a Mantra site license comes free with Houdini, I'm
> not sure SESI would have an incentive to do this :) and I really don't
> want to see the site license go away and become a hideously expensive
> pay for each CPU like Mental Ray :(
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter B

Still, I believe it would help to give mantra more momentum. You can't
believe how many times people frown their eyebrows when I say that it is
a production renderer. It can compete with Mental Ray and Vray,
especially with motion blur and instancing, so why not throw it out
there? I'm sure their would be quite a few people testing it out under
Max or Maya and it would help to expand the current shader library, more
sites and resources...

Of course the current licensing for Houdini is fab, but just adding a
seperate one wouldn't hurt and could be made so that buying houdini
itself becomes attractive.

D.