[Sidefx-houdini-list] python expressions... how we doing?

Rangi Sutton rangi at kanuka.com.au
Wed Jan 23 02:20:28 EST 2008

Hey guys,

I'm on my own here ATM, and keep trying to get my toes wet with python
expressions, but I'm still having trouble with basics...

How's everyone else doing?

I was hoping the cook-book would get me cooking but I can't seem to find
everyday expression examples.

Am I missing a docs page, or a forum thread, are people just sticking
with old skool expressions, am I dumb? too early?

Can we flesh a few out here?

I'll start. I just whacked this into an object merge's obj_path... it
ain't pretty but I do this kinda thing all the time. How would I express
this in python?

../../../`opinput("..",0)`/wheel_project/OUT

Cheers,
Rangi.