[Sidefx-houdini-list] Renderman--- Combine Shaders

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 10:50:53 EST 2008

Hi...........

I want to define a "GLOBAL" occlusion shader which will be always combined with the current shader of the object. I don't want to write a new shader in vop for all my shader library. Nor I want to render a different Occlusion pass. Can i do it in Houdini. There is something like that in Renderman For Maya, called a Global Illumination, where u can combine Occlusion or color bleeding with your normal sharers while rendering. It gives different passes to alfred and then combines it into a single image. I searched the whole Renderman docs but couldn't find how to combine the passes.

----Plz Help

-------iamjaideep80
(Jaideep Khadilkar)