[Sidefx-houdini-list] renderman raytrace shadows

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 10:04:50 EST 2008

Hi there,

No this does not work either... I checked every combination I can think
of. The error returned in the shell is:

P80005 {ERROR}   Parameterlist type mismatch in RIB stream. (at line 233
in stdin)
Z10003 {WARNING} Shaders invoke raytracing, but no traceable objects
exist. [<Shading>  Object:'/shop/rman_base'  Shader:'asad_light']

This is a simple scene with a VOP RSI shader (lighting model > output).
The shader is converted to a material called rman_base and assigned to
all objects.

The rib1 output driver has it transmission visibility set to visible
with no effect. I then tried assigning transmission visibility to each
object with no effect. I also tried switching between Ray-Traced Shadows
and the raytrace depthmap command with no effect.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is the Light Template the only way
forward?

Kind regards,

Phil.