[Sidefx-houdini-list] renderman raytrace shadows

Phil Spicer PSpicer at bournemouth.ac.uk
Mon Jan 21 10:28:34 EST 2008

Hi there,

This does not work (at least in my case). I am using H9.0.782, and
receive the following shell errors when I try to implement renderman
raytrace shadows:

Z10003 {WARNING} Shaders invoke raytracing, but no traceabl
e objects exist. [<Shading>  Object:'/obj/platonic_object1/
shopnet1/material1'  Shader:'asad_light']

P80005 {ERROR}   Parameterlist type mismatch in RIB stream.
 (at line 218 in stdin)

Any thoughts?

I have created a simple teapot scene with a grid, and both objects have
rman materials assigned to them (ri_spatter and ri_plastic).

Kind regards,

Phil.