[Sidefx-houdini-list] COPs sequencing, interleaved rather than end-to-end?

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Sun Jan 20 14:53:49 EST 2008

I have an ordered sequence of images on disk with the following naming
scheme:

img001a.png
img001b.png
img001c.png
img002a.png
img002b.png
img002c.png
[...]

What clever expression in a File COP would load these files in order?
At the moment I have 3 File COPs, one each for the 'a', 'b' and 'c'
sequences.  Merged together, I was then looking at the Shuffle COP for
in-place (non-cached) reordering.

Of course I could just rename these files with a bit of python
(untested) and be done with it ... but I'd prefer a houdini solution.

import os
from glob import glob
files = glob("img*.png")
files.sort()
for i,f in enumerate(files):
     os.system("mv %s newimage%4d.png" % (f,i))

Cheers,
Darran

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]