[Sidefx-houdini-list] Help With hou Module

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 21:44:44 EST 2008

I think you helped me find a bug.

rop = hou.node("/out").createNode("comp", node_name="testrop",
run_init_scripts=False)

parmtemplate = hou.StringParmTemplate( 'test_spare5', 'Test Spare5', 1 )

parm = rop.addSpareParmTuple( parmtemplate, in_folder=('Spare_Test'),
create_missing_folders=True )

For me these 3 lines create a parm called "Test Spare5" in a tree of
folders where there is a folder for every letter in "Spare_Test". The
parm is in the last 't' folder....

This creates a folder, but I couldn't find a way to get a parm into it with HOM:

rops = hou.node("/out").createNode("comp", node_name="testrop",
run_init_scripts=False)

rops.addSpareFolder("Spare_Test", in_folder=(),
parm_name="test_spare", create_missing_folders=True)

Maybe SESI can help (iwth a bugfix at least)

Cheers