[Sidefx-houdini-list] no audio playback w/suse 10.2 KDE

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 17 11:29:43 EST 2008

I don't expect porting to OS X is a huge task, it's the support and the
interface that needs to be looked at as well.

The underlaying OS   is linux so that could be straightforward, but just
like Microsoft Apple has locked away a bunch of it.

Most of the stuff that bites an application have to do with the
proprietary interface goop and considering the niggly bits that
hit Houdini with Linux, we would just add yet another OS that has to be
dealt with. So additional staff needs to be added and the existing staff
will have to learn the specific issues that will crop up.
In spite of the oohs and aahs regarding all things Apple, the OS isn't
flawless and inspite of the desires Apple still only represents a very
small percentage of the market.

PeterR